- Biopolymer based Edible Films
- Refinery Separation and Catalytic Processes
- CO2 Capture
- Ionic Liquids and their applications
- Molecular Modeling and Simulation
- Process Simulation and Optimization
- Thermodynamics of Phase Equilibrium
1. Developing Biopolymer Based Edible Films for Food Packaging Applications
The project aims at developing various novel edible biopolymer film coating formulations with required aesthetic, adhesion, physical, chemical and antimicrobial properties for various types of food packaging applications by using experimental, statistical and computational modeling (Molecular Modeling and Simulation).
2. Rational Design of Novel Solvents for Efficient Carbon Dioxide Capture and Acid Gas Separation
The main aim of the project is to develop green, ionic liquid based novel solvents having low Viscosity, low molecular weight, low specific heat capacity, excellent thermal stability. These novel solvents are aimed to achieve high gravimetric gas absorption capacity, high-energy efficiency, and high selectivity of acid gases such as CO2 and H2S over methane and nitrogen gases. The objectives will be achieved through experimental studies, molecular modeling and process modelng and simulation.
- D. Shantana Lakshmi, Y.S.Sistla, A.Khanna, A. Figoli, Ionic Liquid Loaded Polyether Sulfone Microspheres for CO2 Separation, Adsorption, Accepted May, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10450-020-00241-4
- Yamini Sudha. S & Ashok Khanna, CO2 absorption studies in amino acid-anion based ionic liquids, Chemical Engineering Journal, 273 (2015) 268–276.
- Yamini Sudha. S & Ashok Khanna, Carbon dioxide absorption studies using amine-functionalized ionic liquids, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 20 (2014) 2497–2509.
- Yamini Sudha. S, Lucky Jain & Ashok Khanna, Validation and prediction of solubility parameters of ionic liquids for CO2 Capture, Separation and Purification Technology, 97(2012) 51-64.
- Yamini Sudha.S & Ashok Khanna, Validation and prediction of temperature dependent Henry’s constant of CO2-Ionic liquid systems using COSMO-RS, Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, 56(11) (2011) 4045-4060.
- Smita Dixit, Ashok Khanna, Yamini Sudha.S, S.Mukhopadhyay & P.K.Bhattacharya, Modeling and prediction of removal of metal ions from aqueous solution through facilitated transport, International journal of Environmental Engineering, 2 (2010) 73-91.
- S. Yamini Sudha and Ashok Khanna, Evaluating the Interactions of CO2-Ionic Liquid Systems Through Molecular Modeling, International Journal of Chemical and Molecular Engineering, 3 (9), (2009).
- Ashok Khanna, Yamini Sudha.S, Sandeep Pillai & Swagat S. Rath, Molecular Modeling Studies of Poly Lactic Acid Initiation Mechanisms, Journal of Molecular Modeling, 14 (2008) 367-374.
- Shanthana Lakshmi, Yamini Sudha, Alberto Figoli, Ashok Khanna, "Permeation studies of CO2 through ionic liquid loaded polymer microspheres (membrane)", 6th MEMTEK International Symposium on Membrane Technologies and Applications (MEMTEK 2019)", 18-20 November 2019, Istanbul, Turkey (accepted for poster presentation)
- Yamini Sistla and Vighnesh Sridhar, "Rational Development of Ionic Liquids for Enhanced Carbon Dioxide Capture through First Principles Calculations", 4th International Conference on Ionic Liquids in Separation and Purification Technology Conference (ILSEPT), 8-11 September 2019, Sitges, Spain (accepted for poster presentation)
- Yamini Sudha.S and Ashok Khanna, “Carbon Dioxide Absorption Studies in Ionic Liquids”, CHEMCON 2011, Bangalore, 2011.
- Yamini Sudha. S, Lucky Jain and Ashok Khanna, “Validation and Prediction of Solubility Parameters of Ionic Liquids for CO2 Capture”, 1st International Conference on Ionic Liquids in Separation and Purification Technology, Sitges, Spain, 2011.
- Yamini Sudha.S and Ashok Khanna, “Validation and prediction of temperature dependent Henry’s constant of CO2- ionic liquid systems using COSMO-RS”, 4th Congress on ionic liquids, Washington DC, USA, 2011.
- Yamini Sudha. S, Lucky Jain and Ashok Khanna, “Solubility Studies of CO2 in Ionic Liquids using COSMO-RS and Molecular Dynamics”, Poster presented at REACH Symposium, IIT Kanpur, 2010.
- Yogendra Kumar, Yamini Sudha. S, Ashok Khanna, “Permeation Studies of CO2 through Supported Ionic Liquid Membrane”, Chemference, IIT Kanpur, 2010.
- Yamini Sudha.S, Vedant, A. Khanna, “Phase Equilibrium Studies of CO2 systems using PC-SAFT model”, presented at IIChE conference, CSJM Kanpur University, Kanpur, 2009.
- Yamini Sudha.S and Ashok Khanna, “Evaluating the interactions of CO2- ionic liquid systems through molecular modeling” International Conference on Chemical Engineering, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2009.
- Yamini Sudha.S and Ashok Khanna, Assessing the interactions of CO2-Ionic Liquid Systems through Molecular Modeling, G.H.Patel College of Engineering and Technology, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat, NCCS09, 2009.
- Yamini S. Sistla, S Kumar, V. Katiyar, Ashok Khanna, “HDPE- polymerization using synthesized metallocenes and co-catalysts”, International Conference on Chemical Engineering, BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2003.
- Yamini Sudha.S, “Global Trends and Developments in coal industry in India” for CHEMPACT2K at Arulmigu Minakshi Amman College of Engineering, Kanchipuram, 2000.
- Yamini Sudha.S “Mass transfer coefficients in sponge oil absorption column” for CHEMFLUENCE2K1 at Anna University, Chennai, 2001.
- Yamini Sudha.S, “Heat recovery and cleaning of chimney gases” CLAIRVOYANCE2K2 at Thirumalai Engineering College, Kanchipuram, 2002.